[gdal-dev] decimal rounding issue when re-projecting

Ramiro Marco Figuera r.marcofiguera at jacobs-university.de
Thu Jul 16 08:19:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm re-projecting (from stereographic to gnomonic) the PDS LOLA 20m/pix
DTMS from the lunar south pole. Im using gdalwarp like this: 'gdalwarp
-t_srs '+proj=gnom +lat_0=-90 +lat_ts=-90 +lon_0=0 +k=1 +x_0=0 +y_0=0
+a=1737400 +b=1737400 +units=m +no_defs' topo_stereo.tif topo_gnom.tif'
.  After that, I'm cropping the DTM to have a smaller region (200km by
200km) around the pole. Then, I just use gdal_translate to export it as
XYZ since I need it in this format for my software and converting it to
kilometers instead of meters using awk.  As this is a gridded data, the
resolution should remain the same (20m/pixel), however when I check the
first entries of my xyz file the resolution is sometimes 21 m/pixel and
sometimes 20 m/pixel, and this happens randomly. Any clue of what may
cause this error? Has anyone faced the same issue?

Cheers,

Ramiro

--
Ramiro Marco Figuera
Department of Physics and Earth Sciences