[gdal-dev] Overlay shapefile onto Geotiff image

Ronquillo, Edgar Nahum eronquillo at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 9 07:31:48 PDT 2015

Hi,
I have been working on this issue for quite a while. I currently have a GeoTiff image and a shapefile. I would like to overlay the shapefile on the Geotiff, is this possible with Gdal? I looked into gdal_rasterize but I just don't know how to incorporate it with what I need. A code to start with would be great if possible. Or maybe point me into the right direction of probably other libraries that could do this.

Thanks for the help