[gdal-dev] Gdal_translate considers --config means -co

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Jun 18 08:20:24 PDT 2015

Even Rouault wrote

> Le jeudi 18 juin 2015 16:35:37, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Spotted this from gis.stackexchange
>> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/151153/is-gdal-translate-ignori
>> ng-th
>> e-cpl-tmpdir-switch
>>
>> I repeated the test on Windows with GDAL 2.0 and it seems indeed that
>> using --config option in the beginning of gdal_translate command
>> fails. Like it would be cut at "-co" and interpreted to mean something totally different.
>> Moving --config to the end of the command leads to success.

> Weird. I can't replicate the issue and have no idea why that would happen.

You are right, it does not happen. I had a typo in my test command and as a result I received a message which I did not read carefully
"FAILURE: Too many command options."

So, "command options" and not anything related with "--command" nor creation options "-co".
With a proper command everything works for me.

-Jukka-