[gdal-dev] Bindings and typemaps

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:08:34 PDT 2015

08.03.2015, 23:49, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
> Le dimanche 08 mars 2015 22:20:50, Ari Jolma a écrit :
>>
> Ari,
>
> Your proposal looks reasonable (but I don't pretend mastering SWIG and
> anticipating all side effects) and you can experiment with that if you wish.
> Please make sure to test the 4 supported languages. If there are breakage you
> don't know how to fix, it will require coordination with me and Tamas and that
> should perhaps be done through a ticket with a patch, or a dedicated branch.

Wouldn't the whole thing be best to be a branch from the beginning. If I
branch the whole swig tree like this

http://emilsblog.lerch.org/2010/03/working-with-feature-branch-in.html

then it would assumably be quite simple to test all the changes in all
languages. I don't know how to test C# and Java bindings. Especially C#
is probably out of what I can do.

Ari