[gdal-dev] Bindings and typemaps

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:35:31 PDT 2015

09.03.2015, 11:18, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
> Le lundi 09 mars 2015 08:08:34, Ari Jolma a écrit :
>> 08.03.2015, 23:49, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
>>> Le dimanche 08 mars 2015 22:20:50, Ari Jolma a écrit :
>>>
>>> Ari,
>>>
>>> Your proposal looks reasonable (but I don't pretend mastering SWIG and
>>> anticipating all side effects) and you can experiment with that if you
>>> wish. Please make sure to test the 4 supported languages. If there are
>>> breakage you don't know how to fix, it will require coordination with me
>>> and Tamas and that should perhaps be done through a ticket with a patch,
>>> or a dedicated branch.
>> Wouldn't the whole thing be best to be a branch from the beginning.
> Yes probably.

I'll do that.

IMO the goal would be to reduce language specific ifdefs from the
general bindings, and remove unnecessary typedefs.

For example there are a lot of

#ifndef SWIGJAVA
   %feature( "kwargs" ) CopyLayer;
#endif

Is there a reason keywords arguments are not enabled with -keyword
option for languages that support them?

Ari