[gdal-dev] gdal commands and alternate datum (Old Hawaiian) handling

MWilson Matthew MWilson at edrnet.com
Thu Mar 26 04:16:18 PDT 2015

Good morning,
  I've got some raster images for Hawaii, and I've found that running any command (gdalinfo, translate, warp) will return the following error in my Ubuntu environment:

Warning 1: Unhandled (yet) value for Datum : OHA-M. Defaulting to WGS84...

  I have seen that the files located in /usr/share/gdal/1.10 do seem to mention the Hawaiian datums, but I'm not sure how to enable support of those when I run my regular commands.  I'm running a script in Python, so I'm wondering if it may be possible to work around this, or if this is just a future development that hasn't happened yet.

Thanks,
Matthew