[gdal-dev] Problems with MySQL queries in GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed May 6 06:57:54 PDT 2015

Pavol,

I think I have noticed that behaviour with a QGIS version of some time ago ,
and it is (was? if it is fixed now) an issue specific to QGIS that opened&closed
many connections to GDAL when browsing through a table (and that with any GDAL
datasource, not specifically MySQL). The logs you show are typical of this.
Nothing that GDAL can do about (well, it could lazily establish the schema of
the accessed layers, but that would be a micro optimization, whereas the real
fix is to be done in QGIS). So check with QGIS folks.

Even