[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr segfault

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 19 02:05:11 PDT 2015

Paolo,

> Hi all.
> I'm consistently getting a segfault from:
>
> ogr2ogr OUTPUTLAYER.shp strade.shp strade -dialect sqlite -sql "SELECT
> ST_Line_Interpolate_Point( geometry , 0.5 ),* FROM 'strade' "
>
> Anything I can do for debugging?

Running under gdb and displaying the stack trace.

> Debian Sid, might be a platform specific issue?
> https://bugs.debian.org/785091

I've seen recently a similar discussion on spatialite mailing list I think. If
upgrading from spatialite 4.something to 4.1.2 or later, GDAL should also be
recompiled so as to benefit from the spatialite_init_ex() functions

I don't recall the details but I somehow remember that one of the intermediate
spatialite versions had an issue in its termination routine freeing the global
GEOS context. I don't have any more problems with latest versions. But the
debian ticket you mention seemed to be about a problem that arose with proj4
update. Hum...

Even