[gdal-dev] Unable to compile Gdal under Cygwin

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 2 02:14:37 PST 2015

Le lundi 02 novembre 2015 10:56:40, Dr Rainer Woitok a écrit :
> Even,
>
> On Sunday, 2015-11-01 16:37:42 +0100, you wrote:
> > As I said before, I'd rather suggest you use --with-static-proj4 instead,
> > which contrary to what its name suggest, does classic library linking
> > (dynamic or static depending on what is available)
>
> Am I understanding that correctly:  I just should run
>
>    configure ... --with-static-proj4=/home/Rainer/.../cygproj-10.dll

No, you should point to the directory where "make install"  has put the files,
ie the one that has include and lib subdirectories

> and then the wrong LIBNAME in file  "ogr/ogrct.cpp" just wouldn't matter
> anymore?  In that case I think an update to  "configure --help" would be
> in order,  pointing out that the library type  specified here determines
> dynamic or static linking.   And perhaps the "-static"  sould be removed
> from this option's name altogether.   I'll give it a try  later with the
> next update of Gdal, but for the time being I'll use my current version.

> > Yes parallel make in autotest is unreliable. Was mostly an experiment but
> > some tests have interferences.
>
> By the way,  why isn't there a "test"  target in  the toplevel makefile?
> Why do people have to hunt for it?

I don't know

> You didn't comment on the tests that failed for my installation.  Should
> I worry?

Difficult to say without further investigation. Some tests might be sensitive to
particular version of third party libraries, compiler version & flags, etc...