[gdal-dev] FATAL: CPLGetTLSList() failed to allocate TLS list!

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 5 07:57:11 PST 2015

Le jeudi 05 novembre 2015 16:27:40, Pierre Soille a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> when reading 1000's of jp2 images with the JP2OpenJPEG/JPEG-2000 driver,
> I get from time to time the following error:

How do you read them ? Within the same process one after the others ? With
(many) threads ?

> FATAL: CPLGetTLSList() failed to allocate TLS list!
>
> It seems that this error occurs in cpl_multiproc.cpp in case not a call
> to VSICalloc() returns a NULL pointer,
> see
> https://github.com/mapbox/node-srs/blob/master/deps/osr/src/cpl_multiproc.c
> pp#L665

I'm not sure why you mention this repository (although it is code that comes
originally from GDAL)

> Any idea/hint, why this type of error could occur?

The immediate answer is out of memory condition. That said, the root cause
might be something else. Hard to diagnose without stack trace, etc...

Are you sure there's not a memory leak in your code... ?