[gdal-dev] Unable to compile Gdal under Cygwin

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 07:31:50 PDT 2015

Even,

On Friday, 2015-10-09 19:10:53 +0200, you wrote:

> It seems the error is linked to the Python GNM module when GDAL is not
> configured --with-gnm.

Ok, I thought, if the missing "--with-gnm" option spoils my compilation,
I could as well add it.  And lo and behold! the compilation succeeded.

But what,  apart from a successful compilation,  does this option really
buy me?  The command "configure --help" only tells me

   --with-gnm            Build GNM into shared library

which doesn't really convey any information.

Sincerely,
  Rainer