[gdal-dev] The "Magic" kernel

Graeme B. Bell graeme.bell at nibio.no
Mon Oct 19 02:12:49 PDT 2015

http://johncostella.webs.com/magic/

I came across this article recently. Is this available as a resampling kernel in GDAL? It looks very interesting.

We have been processing landscape height GeoTIFFs with GDAL and in recent projects we found anything beyond the ‘bilinear’ mode in GDAL had a tendency to introduce problematic artefacts. (With height data, 2D visual artefacts effectively become small artificial landscape structures that can interfere with modelling of e.g. slopes, soil erosion, contours, terrain driving costs).

Graeme Bell