[gdal-dev] Bad design in -clipsrs?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sun Oct 25 03:30:37 PDT 2015

And probably with -spat the spatial index is only used for discarding features which are outside the area of interest but not for analyzing if they are candidates for clipping or not. With complicated features it might be good to compare first if the boundary of clipping polygon crosses the bbox of a feature - no cross - for sure no need to clip.

-Jukka-