[gdal-dev] Transactional GDAL WFS client

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 00:15:07 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm developing a WFS server in Perl based on GDAL (i.e., GDAL is
generating the GML the server sends to the client) and I'm testing it
using the GDAL WFS client.

I'm obviously ignorant on some basic issues since I'm getting an error

"Cannot insert feature because we didn't manage to parse the .XSD schema"

which comes from WFSLayer::ICreateFeature.

The test code is very simple:

my $ds = Geo::OGR::DataSource::Open('WFS:http://localhost/TestApp', 1);
my $layer = $ds->GetLayer('local.mittauskohteet2.geom');
my $feature = Geo::OGR::Feature->new($layer->Schema);
$feature->Geometry(Geo::OGR::Geometry->new(WKT=>'POINT (1 2)'));
$feature->Field('koodi' => 'fake');
$layer->CreateFeature($f);

What am I missing?

Best regards,