[gdal-dev] New OGR driver for DB2 Spatial support

David Adler dadler at adtechgeospatial.com
Mon Oct 26 12:32:12 PDT 2015

Thank you for the quick response.

I've not used Python before so I'm stumbling getting the environment to
work. Python 2.7 is installed and I am running from the autotest
directory. It isn't obvious to me how the PYTHONPATH variable is
supposed to be set, but I pointed it to the python directory in the gdal
installation.

run_all.py is failing with the following:

*E:\dwacode\gdal\gdalautotest-2.0.1>set
PYTHONPATH=e:\dwacode\gdal\swig\python

E:\dwacode\gdal\gdalautotest-2.0.1>python run_all.py -l
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "run_all.py", line 37, in <module>
     import gdaltest
   File "pymod\gdaltest.py", line 36, in <module>
     from osgeo import gdal
   File "e:\dwacode\gdal\swig\python\osgeo\__init__.py", line 21, in
<module>
     _gdal = swig_import_helper()
   File "e:\dwacode\gdal\swig\python\osgeo\__init__.py", line 13, in
swig_import_
helper
     import _gdal
ImportError: No module named _gdal*

On 10/26/2015 2:12 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le lundi 26 octobre 2015 18:48:47, David Adler a écrit :
>> I am close to finished with this driver which was delayed significantly
>> getting access to a DB2 for z/OS test environment to verify that it
>> works across IBM DB2 platforms.
>>
>> What is the proper way to handle authorship in the source code? The DB2
>> driver is based on the MS SQL driver with significant changes to support
>> the DB2 environment. Current prologues have information like:
>>
>> * * Author:   Tamas Szekeres, szekerest at gmail.com
>>    *
>>
>> **************************************************************************
>> **** * Copyright (c) 2010, Tamas Szekeres
>>    * Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Even Rouault <even dot rouault at
>> mines-paris dot org>*
> Put yourself as author, add yourself (or your company depending on in which
> context you contribute this) in copyright and retain copyright attributions of
> portions of code you derive from. Which can be hard to determine in practice.
> So I'd say retain Tamas ones and you can probably remove mine, which must be
> anectodical in the case of the MSSQL driver.
>
>> I've mostly been testing using the apps test_ogrsf, ogr2ogr and ogrinfo.
>>
>> Is there any documentation on the autotest system?
> Well, itself is assumed to be self documented ;-) look at a few existing
> scripts close to what you want to do and do the same...
>
>> It was interesting to
>> find that there was a 2003 DB2 test driver for DB2 V7
> You mean the ogr/ogr_db2_hack.py file ? I'm not sure if/which was the
> corresponding driver. Perhaps the generic OBDC one.
>
>> - we are now at
>> V10.5.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David