[gdal-dev] Refreshing commiter list

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Oct 31 08:45:13 PDT 2015

Hi all and PSC especially,

Our COMMITERS file currently list 57 people with SVN commit rights. The truth
is that only a portion of them make use of them (one of them has apparently
never used them according to svn log!, a bunch not in the last 10 years...).
So I was wondering if we shouldn't check with them to make sure they are still
interested in the project, and in keeping their commit rights so we can
maintain a more up-to-date list of committers/maintainers and have 3
categories :
- Active : use their commit rights regularly
- Occasionally active: might only use them unfrequently, but could still be
interested in committing changes from time to time
- Past : no longer interested in committing code.

We could give figures to what active or occasionally active means, but the
intent is not "punishing" anyone, just making sure people haven't shifted
completly to other interests. This could be give a better picture to casual
contributors of who is responsible/interested in what.

Opionions ?

Even