[gdal-dev] Update of config files for gdal

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 4 04:43:39 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 04 septembre 2015 12:43:21, Gawade P a écrit :
>  Hi,
>
> Can we consider updating the config.guess and config.sub files in the
> source to the latest available version?
>
> The current one does not have support for newer platforms like ppc64le.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.

That would probably be a good idea. I'm not sure what is the nominal source for those files.
Last time they have been refreshed was with r19558 5 years ago
"Update to autoconf 2.64 and libtool 2.2.6; refresh configure",
but I'm not sure if the change was really due to the update of autoconf/libtool, or they came from my system.

I see that for the Android builds (https://github.com/rouault/gdal_coverage/blob/trunk_android/.travis.yml),
we get them from Savannah, so would be better if they are already up-to-date.

wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git/plain/config.guess -O config.guess
wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git/plain/config.sub -O config.sub

Even