[gdal-dev] projection error

y hema yhema.2705 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 05:43:51 PDT 2015

hi ,
poDataset = (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen( pszFilename, GA_ReadOnly );

    if( poDataset != NULL )
    {
        numBands = poDataset->GetRasterCount();
        width = poDataset->GetRasterXSize();
        height = poDataset->GetRasterYSize();
        GDALRasterBand  *poBand;
        poBands = new GDALRasterBand*[numBands];

        poBand = poDataset->GetRasterBand(1);

        dataType = (GDALDataType)poBand->GetRasterDataType();
        bytesPerPixel =GDALGetDataTypeSize((GDALDataType)dataType)/8;
    }
    const char *ch =   poDataset->GetProjectionRef();
    double *tiepoints = new double[6];
    poDataset->GetGeoTransform(tiepoints);
    for(int i=0;i<6;i++)
    {
        qDebug()<<"tie points"<< tiepoints[0];
    }
    uchar *data;

    data = (uchar *) /*CPLMalloc*/new
char[(sizeof(uchar)*width*height*bytesPerPixel*numBands)];
    int bandIndices[numBands];
    double scale = 5.0;

    for(int j=0 ;j<numBands ;j++)
    {
        bandIndices[j] = j;
    }
    for(int i = 0; i < numBands; i++)
    {
        poBands[i] = poDataset->GetRasterBand(bandIndices[i]+1);
        poBands[i]->SetScale(10);

        poBands[i]->RasterIO(GF_Read, 0, 0, width,
height,data+(bytesPerPixel*i), width, height, (GDALDataType)dataType,
numBands*bytesPerPixel, 0);

    }

actually i am trying to read the projection string and the tie points .the
above is the code im using.

thanks,
hema