[gdal-dev] error in converting tiff to terrain

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 23:43:59 PDT 2015

Hello Datta,

I believe `gdal2srtmtiles.py` is a patched version of `gdal2tiles.py`
and is not
part of the official GDAL distribution, so help may be limited on this
mailing
list.  I can't find any reference to it being actively supported or
developed.

You could also try <https://github.com/geo-data/cesium-terrain-builder> for
generating terrains.

Best regards,

Homme

On 11/09/15 06:57, devidatta.m wrote:
> hello everyone,  > > i have a custom tiff file of high resolution.its around 3.5 gb. i
was trying > to convert it to terrain format. i am using
gdal2srtmtiles.py to do this.its > converting it. but if i am giving
high zoom level then its continiously > giving error that "Buffer too
small" and the generated terrains are also not > correct. what might be
the problem?? i am not getting this as i am new to > this field. > >
COMMAND:"python gdal2srtmtiles.py --cesium -z 0-15 -p geodetic
source.tiff > terrain" > ERROR : "Buffer too small" > > can anyone
please tell what might be the problem.any help is welcome.thanks > in
advance. > > with regards > datta > > > > -- > View this message in
context:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/error-in-converting-tiff-to-terrain-tp5223682.html