[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr - geojson to mapInfo - size of .dat become too big

Maxime Demers burton449geo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:07:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have notice something bad when converting a geojson to mapInfo tab with
ogr2ogr. The .dat which contain the table feature's properties is getting
way too big after conversion.

To test, I have converted a mapInfo tab to geojson using:

ogr2ogr -f "GeoJSON" test.geojson test.tab

and then I converted it back to mapInfo tab using:

ogr2pgr -f "MapInfo File" test2.tab test.geojson

Before convertion, the .dat of the mapInfo file was 8,75 Mo after
conversion it became 105 Mo.
I dont know if the problem is only when converting geojson to mapInfo tab.
What could be the cause of the problem and does a solution exists?

Thank you,

Maxime Demers

--
Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/users/1914034/burton449