[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 2.1.0 Beta 1 Available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 1 10:18:36 PDT 2016

Hi,

Despite the date, I do have prepared the GDAL/OGR 2.1.0 Beta1 release.  It
will potentially be followed by a second beta in the second half of this
month, or directly by a RC1 if things go well.  The source is available at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0beta1/gdal-2.1.0beta1.tar.xz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0beta1/gdal-2.1.0beta1.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0beta1/gdal210beta1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0beta1/gdalautotest-2.1.0beta1.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.1.0beta1/gdalautotest-2.1.0beta1.zip

The preliminary NEWS is available at :
     http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/NEWS

New bugs found should be filed in Trac normally.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal

GDAL developers and users are encouraged to treat the coming weeks
as the prime time for bug finding and fixing.

GDAL committers should be even more careful than usually about what they
commit in this period before the actual release. I haven't yet created a 2.1
branch, so anything that is committed into trunk for now will be in final 2.1.
If that blocks development for anyone, we can easily create the 2.1 branch
when needed.

For Ari mostly:
Regarding Perl bindings, the usual mkgdaldist.sh script had an issue when
generated the bindings file, because swig/perl/include/perl/typemaps_perl.i
requires port/cpl_config.h to be generated. But the script runs on a svn
export, so without any generated file. So for now I commented out the part that
tries to generate the Perl bindings, so as to go on.
The likely consequence is that ./configure --with-perl && make fails with
"Use of uninitialized value $ARGV{"--gdal-source-tree"} in string eq at
Makefile.PL line 61.
GDAL Perl modules not found, perhaps you need to run make generate? at
Makefile.PL line 77.""
But manual cd swig/perl && make works
Ari, would you mind looking at that (by trying mkgdaldist.sh) ?

Best regards,

Even