[gdal-dev] SCH support in GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jan 4 10:26:02 PST 2016

Le lundi 04 janvier 2016 18:48:16, Agram, Piyush S (334D) a écrit :
> Hi,
>   Currently, there are no raster formats that use this projection method.
> These are more likely to be used with GCP's or in metadata. But in the
> future, these could be used with raster formats - e.g, JPL's UAVSAR data.
>
> Are there other parts of GDAL where support for the new projection needs
> to be included, if assuming, some raster format needed to use it?

Some drivers have a very dedicated way of expression projections, think of
GeoTIFF, so there will be no way to represent SCH for them (unless the
underlying format is extended to include SCH). So currently this will only
work with drivers that store proj.4 strings or WKT strings.

I've committed your PR to trunk (with a fix so that Validate() works, and a one
line test case in autotest/osr/osr_proj4.py)