[gdal-dev] Building gdal with sqlite3 for windows

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 20 01:18:22 PST 2016

Le mercredi 20 janvier 2016 09:56:20, Gane R a écrit :
> Where do I get the sqlite3 with include header files, stub library
> sqlite3_i.lib and dll.
>
> Do I have to build it, If so I tried the following
>
> I have a sql-amalgation version.
> I tried to look the documentation on sqlite website for creating a
> sqlite3.dll
>
> using the following command
> cl sqlite3.c -link -dll -out:sqlite3.dll
>
> I got that, but sqlite3_i.lib was not there.

You may need to use the link program itself with /implib

Taken from GDAL's makefile.vc :

$(GDAL_DLL): staticlib
        link /nologo /dll $(OGR_INCLUDE) $(BASE_INCLUDE) $(LIBOBJ) \
                $(EXTERNAL_LIBS) gcore\Version.res \
                 /out:$(GDAL_DLL) /implib:gdal_i.lib $(LINKER_FLAGS)

So likely in 2 steps :
cl /c sqlite3.c (you should probably add optimization options too)
link /dll sqlite3.obj /out:sqlite3.dll /implib:sqlite3_i.lib