[gdal-dev] JP2 Segfault

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Jul 21 14:23:31 PDT 2016

Yves Jacolin <yjacolin <at> free.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on some JP2 data (total 262 Go) . I started creating a vrt file
> and then "gdal_translate" them.
>
> I always have a segfault. I tried to use a GDAL_SKIP config to use another
> driver but it seems that I can successfully do this:
>
> >> Stack trace in bt <<
>
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gdal_translate --config GDAL_SKIP JP2ECW --
> config GDAL_SKIP ECW -a_srs EPSG:2154 -co BIGTIFF=IF_SAFER -co COMPRESS=JPEG -
> co TILED=YES -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR ORTHO_EXPRESS_2015.vrt
> ORTHO_EXPRESS_2015.tif

clip

> Using  --config GDAL_SKIP ECW doesn't change anything.
>
> I can't understand two things:
>
> * first: why libNCSEcw is used instead of openjpeg200 lib?

You have used two times the GDAL_SKIP config option

--config GDAL_SKIP JP2ECW --config GDAL_SKIP ECW

In https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ConfigOptions#GDAL_SKIP it is documented
that for skipping several drivers a comma separated list is needed:

"The value of this option must be a space delimited list of the short name
of the GDAL drivers to unregister."

I suppose that with your command only the ECW driver gets skipped and that
is not for JPEG2000 at all. Using just one option (or a list) as --config
GDAL_SKIP JP2ECW should help you.

-Jukka Rahkonen-