[gdal-dev] Problem using ogrlineref

Nicola Baraldo (ICONSULTING) n.baraldo at iconsulting.biz
Tue Jun 7 05:19:51 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

I am trying to split some routes into segments of the same length (dynamic segmentation) using ogrlineref command.
My data is stored in a shapefile containing a set of paths, for each path I know the length in meters.

I have tried ogrlineref with –create, –get_coord and - get_subline.
For the first option I don’t have a reper datasource to provide because I don’t have mile-stones, are they really necessaries?
The second and third options give me the following error for each path contained in the input shapefile; with –get_coord I have tried both options “–m 0” and “–m 1000”, with –get_subline I have tried “-mb 0 -me 1” options.

[cid:image002.png at 01D1C0B2.95D5BF20]

Can someone help me using this command? Is there a better way to perform dynamic segmentation using GDAL?
Moreover my shapefile contains also a lot of other fields, there is a way to keep these information also in the output file?

Thanks,
Nicola