[gdal-dev] Not able to build GDAL on RHEL_5 64 bit?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jun 22 23:16:42 PDT 2016

> The version (3.3.6) of sqlite in RHEL_5 does not appear to include those
> functions (RHEL_6 has sqlite version 3.6.20 which does contain those
> functions).
>
> You *may* be able to build gdal without sqlite but I have never tried.

"./configure --without-sqlite" does work (make sure to "make clean" before
rebuilding). You'll loose a number of drivers of course.

Another option might be to compile a more recent sqlite version and build GDAL
against it.

Older GDAL versions (1.10, 1.11? perhaps) used to build against SQLite 3.3 but
we have not keep up apparently.