[gdal-dev] [GSOC] Student introduction

Pero Brbora pero.brbora at stud.unidu.hr
Fri Mar 18 11:54:45 PDT 2016

Hi,
My name is Pero Brbora, student of Applied/Business Computing,
University of Dubrovnik, Croatia <http://www.unidu.hr>. I'm full time
empolyed in Cadastral Surveying industry and part-time student, so
CAD/GIS related projects were on my GSOC look up list.

I noticed "DWG driver without third party libraries" idea on your GSOC
2016 list and would like to apply for it.
Last year I tried GSOC with libredwg project but it was unsuccesfull
for me, but you can see my work there on the mailing list
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libredwg/
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libredwg/2015-04/msg00001.html) and
patches I have done at http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=libredwg
(patch from #8626 to #8635).

I will clone GDAL and do initial compile, test and overview tickets
you propose student should try over this weekend and will report back.
My development OS is Linux (Ubuntu 14.04), but I have also access to
Windows OS (Windows 7).

Your feedback is kindly appreciated.
Thanks, bye