[gdal-dev] GDAL Errors while building PostGIS extension?

sablok sablok at amazon.com
Fri Oct 28 10:26:32 PDT 2016

I did figure out the problem, it was a libz issue, the version of libz that
was getting used while building PostGIS and its dependencies was older than
what was required, hence I removed the libz's from the postgresql's lib
directory and added system libz's stored in /lib64 to the environment's PATH
variable and everything else did build successfully, however I am not sure
if that's the correct way to build PostGIS. A detailed explanation of the
process I undertook to install PostGIS and its dependencies is as follows :

1) Copied over all the Postgresql's artifacts built on RHEL_5 and then
copied them over to a directory in Amazon Linux.

2) Updated the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to postgresql's/lib
3) Built json-c, gdal, proj, pcre and geos using --prefix = postgresql's

that is the exact process I followed to build PostGIS as well

View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Errors-while-building-PostGIS-extension-tp5293151p5293312.html
Sent from the GDAL - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the gdal-dev mailing list