[gdal-dev] Binary of the latest released GDAL for travis?

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 11 03:28:24 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-11 12:22, Ari Jolma wrote:
> 11.04.2017, 13:05, Angelos Tzotsos kirjoitti:
>> Hi Ari,
>>
>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
>> sudo apt-get update
>> sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev
>>
>> This should do it.
>
> No. I tried that before (found it in my .travis.yml file...) and it
> pulls in older version 1.10.0.

You can install the 2.1.3 version explicitly with:

  sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev=2.1.3+dfsg-1~xenial2

But this will fail when the version is updated in the PPA.

Is the travis environment using Ubuntu xenial, and not an older LTS like
trusty or precise? It's probably trusty since that ships with GDAL
1.10.1.

For those older LTS releases the UbuntuGIS packages haven't been updated
yet. Depending on manpower and motivation we may be able to updated the
trusty packages in the near future.

Ideally the travis environment is upgraded to xenial for which the best
support is available and the default packages in Ubuntu itself are much
more current.

Kind Regards,

Bas