[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.0 beta 2 available

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Tue Apr 25 05:26:46 PDT 2017

Hi Even,

2.2.0beta2 fails to build on my macbook. Here is the error:

cpl_conv.cpp:2060:9: error: use of undeclared identifier 'isnan'; did you
mean 'std::isnan'?
    if( CPLIsNan(dfAngle) )
        ^
/Users/sean/code/frs-wheel-builds/parts/gdal__compile__/gdal-2.2.0/port/cpl_port.h:687:23:
note: expanded from macro 'CPLIsNan'
#  define CPLIsNan(x) isnan(x)
                      ^
/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cmath:551:5: note: 'std::isnan' declared here
    isnan(_Tp __f) { return ::__gnu_cxx::__capture_isnan(__f); }
    ^
1 error generated.

My compiler details:

$ gcc -v
Configured with: --prefix=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin

Perhaps related to the changes at
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blame/trunk/gdal/port/cpl_port.h#L656-L667?
2.1.3 builds with no errors, only a few warnings about redefinition of
HAVE_LONG_LONG (in combination with Python).

Sean Gillies