[gdal-dev] Fwd: [OpenJPEG] OpenJPEG 2.2.0 is out ! Faster and safer.

Vincent Schut schut at satelligence.com
Tue Aug 15 01:37:53 PDT 2017

On 08/14/2017 10:49 AM, Even Rouault wrote:

> On dimanche 13 août 2017 15:57:54 CEST N. Farah wrote:
>
> > Great news. Thanks for the work.
>

> > Any plans to integrate this new version in GDAL ?
>
> Well, there's nothing to change in the GDAL source code. The existing
> JP2OpenJPEG driver will work with OpenJPEG 2.2. It is just a matter of
> recompiling libopenjp2.
>
> Even

Well, there might be some small change necessary. Apparently the
configure script only checks path/include/openjpeg-2.0 and
path/include/openjpeg-2.1 subdirectories for openjpeg.h, while my
openjpeg is now in path/include/openjpeg-2.2 :

configure: error: openjpeg.h not found in /usr/include/openjpeg-2.0 or
/usr/include/openjpeg-2.1

Vincent.