[gdal-dev] "symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64" when compiling GDAL 2.1.0 on Mac OS X

Lucian Plesea LPlesea at esri.com
Sun Feb 12 13:06:49 PST 2017

MRF depends on JPEG, PNG, zlib and TIFF.  Since those are always available as GDAL internal, it doesn’t makes sense to change the code to make it work without some of them.  It would only create seldom used configurations that would have to be tested and maintained.
Turning MRF off if any of the dependencies are missing would be safer and simpler.

Lucian