[gdal-dev] Placemark With Two Geometries Is Not Processed

Kahly, Philip D. PHILIP.D.KAHLY at leidos.com
Wed Feb 15 08:21:09 PST 2017

Hey all,

I'm attempting to process some KML files from an outside source and
sometimes a <Placemark> will contain two <MultiGeometry> blocks.

GDAL will not process these placemarks: layer.GetNextFeature() will return
null, and GetLastErrorMsg() returns an empty string.

I've attached a sample file "broken.kml", along with two copies in which
one of the geometry blocks was deleted. GDAL processes these "part*.kml"
files correctly.

Google Earth uses the last geometry and ignores the others. Are there any
settings I could use to get GDAL to exhibit the same behavior?

Philip Kahly
Software Engineer
Philip.D.Kahly at Leidos.com