[gdal-dev] GDAL Python and QGIS 2.99?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:07:03 PST 2017

I have QGIS 2.18.3 working on my computer and now I want to work a bit
on QGIS 2.99 (the trunk).

I've got to the point where everything else seems to be working fine
except that the processing plugin does not work (and I want to play with
that plugin exactly) and it gives the error

ImportError: ...usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osgeo/_gdal.so:
undefined symbol: PyInstance_Type

It seems to me that the reason is a conflict between Python 2 and 3.
QGIS 2.99 seems to mostly use Python 3 (2.18.3 is using 2?) and GDAL
Python uses 2.

How should I proceed? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Ari