[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr polygon cleanup algorithm?

TazMainiac TazMainiac at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:25:51 PST 2017

Hi All,

When I use ogr2ogr to process a shape file (into KML for examle) that has
"invalid" polygons (self-intersections or other problems) in it, it "cleans
them up", such that they are valid.  Is there a description anywhere of
what algorithm it's using to do this cleanup?  I tried to take a look at
the code, but it's not obvious where/how that's happening (I'm not terribly
familiar with the GDAL code).

What I'm trying to do myself is load the shape file polygons into
GEOS(Django), and I'm having trouble with these invalid polygons.

Thanks,
Taz