[gdal-dev] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.Dataset_SWIGUpcast(J)J

Vlad vladimir.sandoval at yandex.com
Tue Jan 24 08:28:51 PST 2017

I have a clean build on RHEL of Gdal 2.1.2.  Java app (as shaded jar) with
the Maven 2.1.0 dependency throws:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.Dataset_SWIGUpcast(J)J
        at org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.Dataset_SWIGUpcast(Native Method)
        at org.gdal.gdal.Dataset.<init>(Dataset.java:20)
        at org.gdal.gdal.gdal.Open(gdal.java:590)

Reading, I find this is due to a SWIG version incompatibility.  SWIG version
used for the RHEL build was 1.3.40.

Anybody know what SWIG version the Maven 2.1.0 jar was built with?  Also,
assuming someone knows, I can just follow Even's procedure here

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-GDAL-Java-Bindings-Unable-to-use-same-jar-on-linux-and-windows-td5243795.html

to get a "good" build?