[gdal-dev] gdalwarp - dataset shifted several metres compared to arcgis

Nicole Stoffels stoffels at f2e.de
Thu Jan 26 07:28:27 PST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to reproject the CORINE 2012 dataset from LAEA (EPSG:3035)
to UTM 32 (EPSG:32632). I use the following command:

$ gdalwarp -overwrite -s_srs EPSG:3035 -t_srs EPSG:32632 -tr 100 100
-tap -dstnodata '-9999' g100_clc12_V18_5.tif corine2012_utm32n_test.tif

In the past years my colleague used ArcGIS for this operation, but since
we switched to Linux, I have to find a new solution. When I load the new
dataset generated with gdalwarp to QGIS and compare it with the old 2006
version built in ArcGIS, I have an offset of approximately 15m south and
3m east for the single raster squares.

Now I am not sure if I simply forgot an important flag in my
gdalwarp-command or if the problem simply lies within ArcGIS (my
colleague used the standard options that were proposed).

Thank you for any ideas,

Nicole