[gdal-dev] Remove projection information from GeoTiff

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 26 02:21:31 PST 2017

On jeudi 26 janvier 2017 11:13:38 CET Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to remove the projection information from a GeoTiff file
> without having to copy the whole file with gdal_translate and use the
> BASELINE Profile that doesn't write GeoTIFF header?
>
> Something along the lines of the gdal_edit -unsetgt option, e.g. an
> -unsetprj option?

Andreas,

Actually you can use -a_srs "" or -a_srs None. I've just extended the doc of the -a_srs option to
mention that.

Note: as most edit in place operations on TIFF, the previous coordinate system erased that
way will remain in a ghost state inside the TIFF file. You can see it with an hexadecimal editor.

Even