[gdal-dev] OSM conversion failure

Tim Harris Tim.Harris at digitalglobe.com
Tue Jul 25 09:36:17 PDT 2017

I placed a small test file here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/osm-test-data/test.pbf

With the latest trunk, when I run this command:

ogr2ogr test.shp test.pbf multipolygons

The result shapefile I get appears to be empty. I've also tried with release 2.1.2 and that result shapefile is not empty. So it seems like some recent change may have broken the OSM driver.

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.