[gdal-dev] Way to increase global LRU cache of the /vsis3/ driver

teeschke daniel.teske at web.de
Tue Jun 13 08:24:59 PDT 2017

Dear GDAL Devs,

the vsis3 driver truly is a masterpiece of a driver!!
http://www.gdal.org/cpl__vsi_8h.html#a5b4754999acd06444bfda172ff2aaa16

I just wonder if there is any possibility to increase the global LRU cache
which has a fixed size of 16MB.

In my use-case I have time-related Gribfiles, stored on S3. The timestamp is
part of the filename. The front-end uses _tiles_ and has an _animation_
functionality. That ends up in lots of data accesses from Mapserver to S3
and I hope that increasing the global LRU cache to 2GB would be a
performance kick.

Thanks and best regards,
tee