[gdal-dev] Testing of OGR generated GeoPackage datasets with other implementations

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 2 05:36:06 PST 2017

Even Rouault-2 wrote
> So I'd be interested if people could test
> http://even.rouault.free.fr/geopackage/ne_10m_admin_0_countries_france.gpkg
> (or any other gpkg you may generate with today's ogr2ogr) with other
> software package that
> don't use OGR underneath (ArcGIS for example).

Hi,

MapInfo Pro 15.2 does not open your geopackage. It does open the geopackage
which I cleaned with a bit older GDAL build as

ogr2ogr -f gpkg clean.gpkg ne_10m_admin_0_countries_france.gpkg

MapInfo did not give any error message, it just does not find any layers and
quits. I could not find anything like error log from MapInfo directory. I
will send a message to MapInfo support as well with a link to your
geopackage.

-Jukka Rahkonen-