[gdal-dev] sqlite -> spatialite (rowid)

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Mar 7 06:21:55 PST 2017

Even Rouault-2 wrote
> I think that Spatialite's validateRowid() fuction should be patched to
> check if the rowid
> column is not of type INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, if so that's acceptable,
> instead of just checking
> for rowid. CC'ing Sandro.

Let's see what Sandro says but I do not believe it is acceptable. The r-tree
spatial index is returning rowids to be used as keys to real data and if the
main table has an ordinary attribute named as ROWID you can guess what will
happen. System works fine if you do not utilize spatial index. If you use it
you use you will get crazy results. I remember I had quite a headache
because of that some years ago
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/spatialite-users/rowid%7Csort:relevance/spatialite-users/QwRdCiWoVKw/sXqCNZ5wn34J.

-Jukka Rahkonen-