[gdal-dev] mapping of shadows casted by other slopes

NASAHARA Kenlo 24dakenlo at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:16:59 PDT 2017

Dear GDAL people:

Using DSM, I want a "shadow map" not only by the slope
itself but also by the other slopes. I mean, if a tall and
steep peak exists, and if it is illuminated by the sun from
near the horizon, the shadow of the peak falls on a wide
area of the foot of the mountain. Such shadow is normally
not estimated by a simple "hillsahde" algorithm, which
includes the "gdaldem" command. I want to map such
shadows as well as the normal "hillshade" shadows.

If you know a library or command to help it, please let
me know!!

--
Kenlo Nishida Nasahara
Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences
24dakenlo at gmail.com