[gdal-dev] OGR2SQLITE_static_register

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Oct 5 03:21:28 PDT 2017

On mercredi 4 octobre 2017 08:30:33 CEST Alan Stewart wrote:
> GDAL 1.11.0. We use a libspatialite 4.2.0 DLL.

I'd say: time to upgrade your GDAL version.

Looking at recent GDAL versions, I see this comment:

/* We call this function so that each time a db is created, */
/* OGR2SQLITE_static_register is called, to initialize the sqlite3_api */
/* structure with the right pointers. */
/* We need to declare this function before including sqlite3ext.h, since */
/* sqlite 3.8.7, sqlite3_auto_extension can be a macro (#5725) */

Apparently this was fixed in GDAL 1.11.2:
 * fix segmentation fault when executing OGR2SQLITE_Register() when compiling against
sqlite 3.8.7 (#5725)

So you're likely using too-old-GDAL with too-recent-sqlite3.

Even