[gdal-dev] Fwd: [OpenJPEG] OpenJPEG v2.3.0 is out: more speed and memory improvement

Matt Hanson matt.a.hanson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:47:22 PDT 2017

Hi Even,

Great work with OpenJPEG! I'm trying to get GDAL trunk compiled with
support for it, but I can't get configuration to find it properly.  On an
Amazon base linux image my simplified Dockerfile is like this:

```
RUN \
    wget https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/archive/v2.3.0.tar.gz; \
    tar xvf v2.3.0.tar.gz; \
    cd openjpeg-2.3.0; mkdir build; cd build; \
    cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILT_TYPE=Release; \
    make; make install; make clean;
    #cd ../..; rm -rf openjpeg-* v2.3.0.tar.gz;

RUN \
    git clone https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal.git; cd gdal/gdal; \
    ./configure --with-openjpeg
```

Even though it appears that --with-openjpeg doesn't take any arguments, I
tried anyway with:
--with-openjpeg=/usr/local
--with-openjpeg=yes
--with-openjpeg=/usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.3,/usr/local/lib

I also tried with GDAL 2.2.2 and creating the symlink from
/usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.2 to /usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.3

I've not been able to get configure to turn on openjpeg support.

Are there additional dependencies I'm missing, or is this a problem on
trunk?

Thanks so much in advance!

Matthew Hanson