[gdal-dev] Fwd: [OpenJPEG] OpenJPEG v2.3.0 is out: more speed and memory improvement

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 13 10:58:42 PDT 2017

On vendredi 13 octobre 2017 13:47:22 CEST Matt Hanson wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Great work with OpenJPEG! I'm trying to get GDAL trunk compiled with
> support for it, but I can't get configuration to find it properly.  On an
> Amazon base linux image my simplified Dockerfile is like this:
>
> ```
> RUN \
>     wget https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/archive/v2.3.0.tar.gz; \
>     tar xvf v2.3.0.tar.gz; \
>     cd openjpeg-2.3.0; mkdir build; cd build; \
>     cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILT_TYPE=Release; \
>     make; make install; make clean;
>     #cd ../..; rm -rf openjpeg-* v2.3.0.tar.gz;
>
> RUN \
>     git clone https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal.git; cd gdal/gdal; \
>     ./configure --with-openjpeg
> ```
>
> Even though it appears that --with-openjpeg doesn't take any arguments, I
> tried anyway with:
> --with-openjpeg=/usr/local
> --with-openjpeg=yes
> --with-openjpeg=/usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.3,/usr/local/lib
>
> I also tried with GDAL 2.2.2 and creating the symlink from
> /usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.2 to /usr/local/include/openjpeg-2.3
>
> I've not been able to get configure to turn on openjpeg support.
>
> Are there additional dependencies I'm missing, or is this a problem on
> trunk?

Matt,

I've changed the way autoconf detects openjpeg in GDAL trunk. It now requires the pkg-
config info to be available.
Normally pkg-config should be able to find the info even with the /usr/local installation prefix

At least, that works on our Travis-CI platforms such as
ci/travis/precise_clang/before_install.sh
ci/travis/precise_clang/install.sh

You may try running GDAL configure with
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig set as env variable, in case that helps (which I
doubt is needed)

Perhaps add a ldconfig after make install of openjpeg ?

You may have a look at config.log generated by GDAL configure to help debugging the issue.

For GDAL 2.2.2, the symlink trick should work too.

Even