[gdal-dev] Error after building GDAL 2 in Debian jessie

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 23:47:54 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I have tried to build GDAL 2.2 [1], using this steps [1].

I have no problem in building, but after I have installed it, I have this
error for every GDAL/OGR command I run:

"symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgdal.so.20: undefined symbol:
sqlite3_column_table_name"

I'm a newbie, I do not know where to start to try solve it.

I need to build it starting from source, because via apt it's possible to
install only 1.x version (in Debian jessie), and I need the great features
of 2.x.

What can I try to do to solve this problem?

Thank you

[1] http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.2/gdal222.zip
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnix