[gdal-dev] WCS driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 23 03:19:18 PDT 2017

Hi Ari,

> It seems to me that the WCS driver could benefit from some love.

That would be a good initiative!

In the wished feature list, I could add:

* improve test coverage, which is really low currently:
https://rawgit.com/rouault/gdalautotest-coverage-results/master/coverage_html/frmts/wcs/wcsdataset.cpp.gcov.html
One issue we have for testing is the lack of stable & reliable servers.
One potential way of addressing this is to use a local HTTP server, like I did recently with the /vsis3/ (and similar)
subsystems, where you can add stub endpoints. An extra advantage is that you can also easily test error situations.
See
- example of server start and end
	https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/gcore/vsis3.py#L126
      https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/gcore/vsis3.py#L1906
- example of installation of HTTP answers to expected requests:
       https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/gcore/vsis3.py#L1258

* WCS 2.0 support

Even