[gdal-dev] Can't import ptrcreate from _gdal module

Roberto Ribeiro robertofig85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:21:08 PDT 2017

I'm trying to work with a tool that, in one of its functions, uses a set of
_gdal methods regarding pointers (e.g. ptrcreate, ptradd, ptrvalue, etc.),
but when I try to import the function it returns me:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ptrcreate'

Doing a dir(_gdal) returns me a huge list of methods, but none of the
pointer ones. Is this a problem with my python bindings?

(gdal version 2.2.1 64-bits for Windows)