[gdal-dev] RFC68: C++11 compilation mode - Call for vote on adoption

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Wed Sep 6 12:21:24 PDT 2017

Kurt,

The Tamas SDKs are not enough as to provide all the dependencies to a GDAL
Win installation. It miss all those dlls (didn't check if the list is
complete) that the VS2015/17 builds now depend on. So if one wants to
distribute a program that depends on GDAL (GMT, in y case) that long list
of dlls must be supplied as well or otherwise tell users that they have to
install a MS distributable package.

Not a killer feature but annoying certainly.

Yes, if one remains at GDAL <= 2.2 this issue does not exist.
I'm not building GDAL against GEOS so didn't know about it C++11
requirement.

Side and non relevant info, 3 weeks ago I was at the Southern Hemisphere.

Joaquim

api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-datetime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-handle-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-interlocked-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-namedpipe-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processenvironment-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll
api-ms-win-core-profile-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll